Hot off the Press!
Be on the lookout for the 2015 Maryland Steeplechase Association Governor’s Cup Series Condition Book to be in your mailbox soon! In the mean time, check it out online here: 2015 MSA Condition Book
Some New Things for 2015!
Please make sure you fully read the 2015 General Conditions, as there have been some changes from the previous year. A few changes include:
- ALL Trainers must be at least 18 years old, this include young rider and junior entries. There must be a responsible adult for each entry.
- A FEE will be charged if horses are not scratched on time. This fee will be paid to the race meet receiving the late scratch and this applies to junior entries as well. Also, we would like to remind you that when you enter a race, the entry fee is due regardless if you run or not. Unpaid entry fees may affect a trainers ability to enter horses and also eligibility for end of the year awards.
- Some race meets may have changed some of their conditions, please reach each meets conditions carefully.
- The Fair Hill Pt-to-Pt will be double pointed this year and now belongs to both the Delaware Valley Pt-to-Pt Association, as well as the Maryland Steeplechase Association.
- Chasin’ for Children will be run on the second Sunday Sunday in April this year. Pimlico is closed on Easter, hence the date change for this year.