Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 1:00 pm
GREEN SPRING VALLEY HOUNDS HUNTER TRIALS
13920 Mantua Mill Road, Glyndon, MD
- Open Pairs 2’ 6”- 3’ height riders choice. Last fence to be jumped abreast riders may take mutual trips with different partner.
- Open Hunter 3’ (MSA Triple Crown pointed) open to all.
- Open Hunter 3’ reverse course (MSA Triple Crown pointed)open to all.
- The Twill Do Stakes –Course of 10- 12 fences, 3’-3’9’’ TBA that day. 500.00 cash prize and New Perpetual Trophy donated by Lucy Goelet
The combined points earned in Classes 2 and 3 be totaled for champion and cash prize.
*The Katherine Jenkins High Point Perpetual Trophy will be awarded to the GSVH member that accumulates the most points on the day.
Tail gate atmosphere: Chili and sides, beer, wine and plenty of Port will be served. 30.00 per trip, includes lunch.
Previously MSA Qualified Riders
- Riders who participated in the Open Hunter class at The Hundred Acre Field Hunter Trials will have the opportunity to earn 2 additional scores.Points earned in Class 2. Open Hunter 3’ and Class 3 Open Hunter 3’ Score will be added to the points they bring forward from The Hundred Acre Field Hunter Trials. Because of the cancellations you do NOT have to participate on this day to be eligible to win the Triple Crown Series. Class 2. Open Hunter 3’ and Class 3 Open Hunter 3’ are NOT restricted to MSA Qualified Riders. Riders will be pinned against the open company in these 2 classes.
- The combined scores of these 2 trips will be add to the HAF score to determine the winner of the Maryland Steeplechase Association Hunter Trial Triple Crown series.
- In the event of a tie, the rider with the highest score on the last fence of class 3 will be the winner of the Maryland Steeplechase Association Hunter Trial Triple Crown series. If that results in a tie, we will move backwards fence numbers – so 2nd to last, 3rd to last fence etc. until a high score is achieved and the tie is broken.